- Boeing names STS Aviation Services in Birmingham as key Wedgetail supplier
- Emirates resumes passenger flights to 9 destinations, including connections between UK and Australia
- Etihad Airways announces move to Beijing’s spectacular Daxing International Airport
- Etihad Airways to launch new service to Vienna
- Manchester Airport’s terminal two extension handed over
The US Department of Transportation will award $986 million in airport infrastructure grants to 354 airports in 44 states and Puerto Rico and Micronesia.
The UK Civil Aviation Authority’s flying programme completed 64 flights on the first day of operation, returning the first 14,700 people to the UK.
The International Air Transport Association has released a new study showing that a more competitive air transport sector in Poland could generate an additional €3 billion in extra GDP to the nation’s economy and more than 8,000 jobs by 2037.
In advance of the International Civil Aviation Organization third annual Global Aviation Security Symposium, Airports Council International World has relaunched its transformative Smart Security programme which aims to improve passenger and cabin baggage screening at airports worldwide.
The TSA and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport have unveiled the Innovation Checkpoint, a collaborative effort between TSA’s Innovation Task Force and the airport that allows for side-by-side testing and evaluation of emerging security technologies in a live checkpoint environment, the first and only one of its kind nationwide.