Last week saw the delivery of a major milestone for the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme with Laing O’Rourke’s completion of the main build phase of the Terminal Two Extension.
- Etihad Airways announces move to Beijing’s spectacular Daxing International Airport
- Etihad Airways to launch new service to Vienna
- Manchester Airport’s terminal two extension handed over
- British Airways achieves Guinness World Records title for Sport Relief
- Loganair steps in to safeguard UK air routes after Flybe collapse
Effective from 1st June 2020, Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, will transfer all its flights to and from Abu Dhabi and Beijing, and its flights to and from Beijing to Nagoya, Japan, to the new state-of-the-art Beijing Daxing International Airport.
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, will launch new daily scheduled year-round flights to Austria’s capital Vienna using a two-class Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
Scottish airline Loganair has reacted to the closure of Flybe by announcing plans to safeguard UK regional connectivity by taking up 16 routes formerly flown by Flybe.
British Airways’ week of Sport Relief fundraising events has taken off by achieving a Guinness World Records title for the Heaviest Aircraft Pulled Over 100 Metres by a team (mixed), made up of colleagues and sporting celebrities.