- Progress made on Melbourne Airport’s sustainable solar approach
- Virgin Galactic reveals SpaceshipTwo cabin interior
- New security body-scanners at Canberra Airport
- JetBlue deploys Honeywell’s ultraviolet cleaning system for aircraft interiors
- Vistara receives its first A321neo aircraft with flat-bed business class
The International Air Transport Association has released a new study showing that a more competitive air transport sector in Poland could generate an additional €3 billion in extra GDP to the nation’s economy and more than 8,000 jobs by 2037.
In advance of the International Civil Aviation Organization third annual Global Aviation Security Symposium, Airports Council International World has relaunched its transformative Smart Security programme which aims to improve passenger and cabin baggage screening at airports worldwide.
The TSA and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport have unveiled the Innovation Checkpoint, a collaborative effort between TSA’s Innovation Task Force and the airport that allows for side-by-side testing and evaluation of emerging security technologies in a live checkpoint environment, the first and only one of its kind nationwide.
20 more AAI Airports have been declared ‘Single-Use Plastic Free Airport Terminals’.
The Federal Aviation Administration, NASA and their partners in a pilot programme that is laying the groundwork for an Unmanned Aircraft Systems traffic management system successfully demonstrated how such a system can work in the future.